As life continues to be a hilarious comedy of errors, leaving me little time to actually blog (excepting this week, where I’ve made a fairly concerted effort to get ‘er done), I’ve begun compiling some notes and links to share with you in the absence of something meatier.
Here’s another installment of Life Over the Last Few Weeks:
- Mike Kendrick and Conal Pierse are engaged in a battle of wits — using illustrations. You should definitely check out their Sketch War.
- Chris LaBossiere wrote a spectacular post last week about Social Media and the Old Boys Club. Read and comment!
- NHL Pre-season is over. Now the real excitement begins! Over at OilersNation, FlamesNation and CanucksArmy, we’re preparing to roll out some new site features. Keep your eyes open for that!
- Also on OilersNation, Jason Gregor wrote a moving piece this week about his father, who passed away nine years go. Now go tell your dad how much you love him.
- Scott and I recorded two podcasts last weekend, since our next two weekends are jam-packed. We released Episode the Eighth on Tuesday of this week. Check out my update post from Tuesday for details, and click here to download direct from our website, or here to subscribe in iTunes.
- Along those lines, the fabulous and beautiful editors of The Edmontonian profiled the Unknown Studio on their site. Thanks for the shout-out guys!
- The 5th Annual Pure Speculation Science Fiction Festival is taking place this weekend in Edmonton at the Shaw Conference Centre. Register online or at any Happy Harbour Comics Store.
- The National Hockey League has been experimenting with social media, doing NHLTweetups during the playoffs and running a contest users can enter to win tickets. The Edmonton Oilers are getting in on it too. I wonder if this means a big about-face from about a year ago…?