Paula-tics | S03E01

Welcome back, listeners, to a bright, new and shiny season of the Unknown Studio!

[holds for applause.]

We decided to kick off the season with a guest who barely needs an introduction. You might remember her from such newspapers as the Edmonton Journal. You may have even read some of her blog posts over at Edmonton Commons. Yes, that’s right, everyone; I’m talking about Edmonton’s own Paula Simons!

[holds for raucous applause.]

We’ll share an episode breakdown with you later. For now, we’d just ask that you enjoy this extra-long season premiere!

[bows, then exits over thunderous applause.]

Play

, , , ,

6 Responses to “Paula-tics | S03E01”

1. Karen Unland
    September 15, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

What a terrific conversation! I can only imagine your thrill when Paula said “All Deanna Troi and no Data,” and I shared your verklemptness at her tribute to Edmonton at the end. Simply delightful.

2. Diane Walton
    September 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

WOW, that was a great interview! (Thunderous aplause inside my head.)

September 16, 2011 at 7:03 am #

Glad you enjoyed it, Diane. Admittedly Paula made the whole thing really easy!

3. Diane Walton
    September 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm #

Perhaps I should proofread before I hit send.

“applause”

really

4. jerrymacgp
    September 17, 2011 at 10:53 am #

I laughed out loud when, towards the end of the podcast, they had the discussion about Edmonton’s snow clearing policy. I was highly entertained when I first read that in reviewing the policy, the City of Edmonton had consulted, among others, the City of Grande Prairie. As a resident of that even more car-centric (and much smaller) northern city, I thought that was much like asking Conrad Black to consult on business ethics. Grande Prairie’s snow removal system, while in recent years incrementally more effective than in the past, is certainly not something to brag about. One of my bugaboos is the focus on snow “removal”, and not simply “plowing”.

This city, and Edmonton as well, should establish daytime plowing zones (mostly residential) and night-time plowing zones (mostly the downtown core and business districts), and on-street parking should be banned during plowing hours in each zone, with a zero-tolerance tow-away system. Snow should just be plowed to the side of the street, and snow removal (putting it in dump trucks & carting it away) should only happen periodically throughout each winter.

5. Todd Babiak
    September 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

I want to find out more about this Paula Simons and this Adam Rozenhart. Very entertaining.