Newspapers, experiments and festivals | Edmonton Blog Watch
There was no shortage of interesting blog content on the web last week. Thankfully very little of it was about the gruesome murders/limb parcels story that’s been receiving international attention (and which I have no desire to link to).
When I started doing this a few weeks ago, I thought it would be tough to fill with content each week. But Edmonton bloggers are full of opinions — and they’re great writers to boot. Here’s some of the great posts that caught my eye last week that I think you should read.
In no particular order:
- Spunky young journalist Linda Hoang is taking over writing a weekly column (which Brittney Le Blanc wrote for a brief period) at the Edmonton Sun all about social media and its impact in Edmonton. Check out her first official column from last week.
- Speaking of Brittney Le Blanc, she and Karen Unland are now full-time at the Edmonton Journal working on a new project. I met with the two of them over lunch last week, and while they’re still sorting through putting strict definition around the work they’re doing, they will be shining a light on Edmonton entrepreneurs. In a post on her Tumblr, Brittney talks about the trip she and Karen took to Toronto to kick off the project.
- Mack Male compiled a list of Edmonton festivals taking place this summer. Nice to have all this information rounded up in one place.
- Nicole Braseth from the #Yeg Music Club surveyed readers on their tastes and proclivities as they pertain to Edmonton Folk Music Festival artists. Check out some of the survey response data in her post on the #Yeg Music Club website.
- Jennifer Banks aka TechMommy wrote a guest post all about being a “Perfect Mother” on the Next Gen Blog.
- You might have heard of Ignition Media Productions “Northsiders” casting call last week. Sarah Sinfield wrote a terrific post on why the idea of the reality show bothers here. There’s great discussion here in the comments as well.
Photo by Dan Berry on Flickr. Used under Creative Commons License.
Thanks for including me in this list of such rad people. 🙂
Thanks for writing such an excellent post, Sarah!
Thank you very much for including me. I love Blog Watch almost as much as FML Fridays 🙂