One of the greatest things to ever happen to the Edmonton Blog Watch took place this past Saturday. Mack Male announced some new functionality on ShareEdmonton.ca. The new gizmos basically directly benefit me — and anyone who reads the Edmonton Blog Watch — making researching local content much more easy. You can read all about the changes in his recent blog post.
Meanwhile, Edmonton bloggers continue cranking out the quality. Last week, people were incensed, inspired, and interviewed (in at least one case). Remember to get your suggestions for the Blog Watch in by filling out this form.
So here are my six picks from last week, in no particular order:
- The I Dig Your Girlfriend crew recorded a podcast in which they interviewed Danielle Smith. Check out a politician who is incredibly on-message, as well as some great questions from Janelle and Terah.
- Local freelancer and blogger Marliss Weber came across a highly questionable display in Queue on Whyte Avenue last week. Read her open letter to the store’s owners.
- Techmommy Jennifer Banks was up late thinking one night, and decided to ask for something different for her birthday (which was yesterday — happy birthday Jen!) this year: she asked all her friends, online and offline, to make her day.
- Gregg Beever of the Inglorious Hipsters had the misfortune of experiencing the American healthcare system on his recent vacation.
- It’s no secret that Alberta drivers are the worst, but could we at least be the worst without the condescension, as experienced by Donloree Hoffman last week?
- Urbane Adventurer zOe Todd (I’m spelling it that way from now on, zOe) shares her thoughts on preserving and honouring the history of Pehonan, also known as the Rossdale Flats.
Image by Mack Male on Flickr. Used under Creative Commons License.