Construction season is wrapping up, as Fall approaches. Except that this past weekend, all indications were that while Fall may be approaching, it can take a hike for a few more weeks. Kicking off this week’s blog watch is a post about construction — sort of — followed by a post about what Fall brings — but maybe not this year — a hockey lockout. And the rest? Solid fucking gold. So read on, my friends, read on!
If you know of any blogs or posts that I should consider in my weekly blog watch, please submit them using this handy form.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Karen Unland, fearless leader of the Edmonton Experiment, had a new blog post up about the progress of Capital Ideas, and what happens next. Pretty exciting experiment. I’m attending my first session this week, and can’t wait!
- OilersNation had a great post by Graphic Comments on what hockey fans should do in the event of a lockout: go away.
- zOe Todd wrote about a topic near and dear to me: wanting Edmonton to figure out just what the hell it is all about instead of being without an identity.
- Edmonton city councillor Don Iveson wrote about the recent (incorrect, in my opinion) decision by Executive Council to change the name of the South Campus LRT station to include “Fort Edmonton” in the name.
- Photographer Curtis Comeau had a great post on how being a travel photographer isn’t all glitz and glamour.
- Erin Fraser wrote about comics, and the contributions of Canadians to the medium.
Image by IndustrialAndrew on Flickr. Used under Creative Commons License.