There’s certainly no dearth of news in and around our beloved city. Some of it’s about Edmonton, and some of it’s written by people from here. Regardless of where this all shakes out, there was some excellent content posted by excellent people. Oh, and it’s worth noting that the photo that accompanies this post is of the Northern Lights as they appeared over the city last week. It was absolutely astonishing and even visible from the bright lights of downtown Edmonton.
Remember, if you know of any great things happening in the Edmonton blogo/podosphere, let me know about them using our handy submission form.
Here’s what you missed last week, in no particular order:
- Glenn Kubish speculated on the future of space-travel — no longer the sole province of nation-states, but increasingly owned by brands — in the context of Felix Baumgartner’s record-breaking jump.
- Mack Male wrote about turning things around at the Edmonton Journal, and ensuring the long-term health of the beloved institution.
- Gord Lacey had to make a difficult decision last week: he gave away his two chinchillas.
- Inglorious Hipsters Jeremy and Gregg continue to make me LOL — last week with their comic “The House Guest.” (kinda NSFW)
- Dave Cournoyer looked into the food safety and communications tragedy that is the XL Foods recall.
- Todd Babiak wrote about how Edmonton is a place where people can build things — and he wants you to be a part of the action.
Photo by G Morel on Flickr. Used under Creative Commons License.