I expected October to be one of those calm months in the build-up to the holidays. Boy, was I wrong.
Not only have we been going great guns at our new studio, thanks in part to Guru Digital Arts College, it turns out the lead-up to and splash down into October has been quite the clusterfuck — in the best possible ways.
- The Unknown Studio’s 4th season has been exceedingly well received, and we appreciate the support of all of our listeners.
- We were recognized in Vue Weekly as one of Edmonton’s most popular podcasts, 1st runner up behind Movie Jerks, and in good company with Jay n J.
- We’ve had two different groups come through our studios at various times: Jay n J, and the newly created I Dig Your Girlfriend podcast!
More personally, my life has been a tumult, and I just wanted to share (and store online) some of the things I’ve been working on:
- Since July, I’ve been working very closely with my dear friend Wade Kelly to get Nerd Nites launched in Edmonton. Our first event (which has sold out!) happens next Wednesday.
- Though I don’t typically talk about my day job here, I’m very proud of a project that was launched last week that I was a part of: the NoHomphobes website. We’ve received such amazing support and response for the site, which you can read all about in the Storify I’ve been curating since launch day.
- If you look at the top of this post, you’ll see a 6-minute video I was a part of for the 24/One challenge with the Edmonton International Film Festival. My team, which included Wade Kelly, Phil Paschke, Raffaella Loro, Marsha Amanova, Kris Berezanski, Lauren Albrecht, Sylvia Cheverie and John Estacio was screened as one of the top 11 films last Saturday, and we took home awards for Best Original Soundtrack and Best Art Direction.
I think my girlfriend Rachel would tell you that I really like being busy. And she’s not wrong. But with Thanksgiving coming up, I’m really looking forward to kicking back with friends and family and not thinking about work or the Unknown Studio for nice long weekend.
How’s everyone else doing? What do you have on the go these days?