The weekend turned the calendar over to December, and as thoughts of terrible moustaches [blessedly] left our minds, our focus shifted to Christmas shopping and advent calendars (or Chanukah and other celebrated holidays — of course YMMV). It’s truly a mixed bag in Edmonton in December, but the sense of festivity was palpable as all weekend on Twitter and Instagram, I saw photos and tweets of people decking their own halls. I love this time of the year, and don’t even mind the cold it brings with it.
This week’s blog watch is, like the beginnings of December, a bit of a mixed bag, but I think there’ll be enough “festive” in here to tide you over. Remember, you can always suggest content for the Edmonton Blog Watch using our handy submission form.
Here are my must-consume picks in Edmonton social media from last week:
- Sharon Yeo invited a few different Edmontonians to share their gift picks for the holidays. City and Dale also started talking Christmas with their “Things to do in December” post (and other miscellaneous gift guides).
- The NHL Lockout continues, as does the flow of content from hockey blogs all over. Last week, OilersNation took a look at the financial fortunes of our beloved hockey teams.
- Jay n’ J had an excellent podcast episode last week, interviewing the cast of Superchannel’s Tiny Plastic Men.
- I Dig Your Girlfriend released a podcast episode last week as well, all about Feminism. Definitely give it a listen — the discussion was fantastic.
- Jian Ghomeshi was in town taping an episode of Q at the Horowitz. Todd Babiak summed the show, which included commentary on the differences between Edmonton and Calgary.
- Jennifer Banks wrote about how important it is to consider the composition of your hashtags over on the Kick Point blog.
Image by Ian McKenzie on Flickr. Used under Creative Commons License.