Welcome to a New Year, everyone. I know I’m about a week late in wishing you such a thing, but in case you haven’t noticed, we took a lovely two-week break from posting so we could relax, gorge and receive the blessings of friends and family. It was delightful.
But just because we took some time off doesn’t mean anyone else did. Lots of people in the Edmonton social media world kept right on posting, sharing their thoughts on what they learned over the past year, and doling out advice of a most delightful kind. And still others kept their eye on current events… And that’s where we’ll start out list. Remember, you can always suggest content for the Edmonton Blog Watch using our handy submission form.
Here’s what you missed in the Edmonton social sphere last week:
- Though it’s technically from this wekk, I wanted to share Wanye Gretz’s post on the end of the NHL lockout. Wanye’s a ridiculous hockey fan, and I think this post captures how a lot of Oilers fans are feeling about getting a hockey season.
- New things are afoot for Kendall, Callie and Gillian over at City and Dale. Read about their shifting direction.
- Kathleen Smith shared some of the lessons she learned in 2012 with us.
- Becka Swan learned some lessons last year too, and she wrote about how she’d apply those lessons this year.
- Tanis Miller, the Redneck Mommy, posted about her late son’s 12th birthday. A very powerful and moving read.
- The ladies from I Dig Your Girlfriend posted their Christmas podcast… a little late due to life messing with them.
- Dana DiTomaso posted a great piece on how to give memorable presentations.
Image by Jamey M. Photography on Flickr. Used under Creative Commons License.