I’ve had horror on my mind lately, and not just because of the trailer embedded along with this post. No, it’s the horrors of insomnia, a busy schedule and a slight touch of food poisoning that took me over the weekend. But I found solace in some great content published by Edmontonians this week. I hope you will too.
Remember, you can always suggest content for the Edmonton Blog Watch using our handy submission form.
- Becka Swan wrote about No Name brand wine, and why you should feel shame for drinking it.
- Becky Smith-Mandin wrote about the closing of the Elevation Room, a much-loved basement venue below the also-closed Transcend Coffee on Jasper Avenue.
- Dave Cournoyer wrote about the ham-fisted handling of the ATA by the Alberta Government.
- Councillor Don Iveson wrote about the city council decision to allow residential development in Horse Hills.
- Filmmaker Lindsey MacNeill launched her forthcoming film’s (Gillian’s Just Right) trailer on Thursday. You can hear more about that on our next podcast!
- Zoe Todd wrote about a topic near and dear to me: the pathological tearing down and re-building of Edmonton.
Video on this post is the trailer from Lindsey MacNeill’s Gillian’s Just Right.