The Unknown Studio now has recording space available for use by other podcasters.
Located in the Mercer Building (at 10363 104 Street, through the Roast Coffeehouse doors) on the second floor, we’ve opened up our new home to other groups or individuals who want to record their own shows. Your skill level is irrelevant, as there will be someone on hand to show you the ropes (though post-production work is all on you).
Each session can be booked for up to 1 hour at $10 per session (payable to Unknown Studio Productions Ltd). Currently, sessions are available most Monday and Thursday evenings between 5:30pm and 10pm. Please consult the list of available dates and times below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a session.
Our equipment includes:
- a 6-channel studio mixer
- 4 EV Raven cardioid mics
- 2 Behringer large diaphragm condenser mics
- 1 Shure condenser mic
- a Zoom h4n mp3 recorder
- all the necessary cables to make things go
One of the Unknown Studio guys will be around to let you into the building and make sure all your settings and levels are optimal. Remember the following:
- Bring a USB key (so we can transfer the file directly to you before you leave)
- Have an idea of what you want to do or say
- Come armed with thirst for knowledge and good company
- Show up a few minutes early so you can get setup
The studio is available for one-hour recording sessions on Mondays and Thursdays. Email us to find out about availabilities and to book a recording time!