The Unknown Studio began as a hyperlocal podcast focused on individuals and events in Edmonton. Launched on June 23, 2009, the show featured an hour-long interview with an Edmontonian deemed interesting by the show’s two hosts, Scott C. Bourgeois and Adam Rozenhart.
Since that first year, the show has evolved. It still includes an hour-long interview as its featured content, but now it’s supplemented by two (and sometimes three) show segments to break things up. These segments add colour and depth to the show’s coverage of the city.
About the hosts
Scott C Bourgeois is the show’s declared straight man, providing critical commentary and conversation with guests. With a background in performance, theatre and radio journalism, Scott engages with guests and keeps the conversation flowing. He also provides an editor’s touch to each show, taking on the roll of post-production editor. Read more.
Adam Rozenhart is the show’s loud mouth. Never afraid to utter a cuss word, or say something controversial, he tries to elicit laughs and reactions from guests and listeners. Adam’s background in journalism, marketing and advertising have all helped to dirty his mind and sharpen his wits. Adam does most of the pre-production work and also maintains the Unknown Studio’s website. Read more.
Website and podcast audiences
- The Unknown Studio podcast sees an average of about 3,000 downloads of the show each month.
- The typical Unknown Studio listener is between 18 and 45 years old
- The Unknown Studio website sees about 3,500 visits per month for a total of about 5,000 pageviews per month.
- The Unknown Studio Facebook Timeline Page is used to promote blog posts and new podcast episodes. The page includes an active community of about 325 fans.
- The Unknown Studio Twitter account is similarly used to promote blog posts and new podcast episodes. It boasts over 1,400 followers.
Season 4 Show Schedule
While the Unknown Studio website publishes new content at least three times a week, the podcast runs from September to June and takes a break for the summer. Generally, a new show is published every two weeks, but the show skips weeks that include statutory holidays, and any other conflicts for the show hosts (such as vacations, courses, etc).
|Episode 1 — Season Premiere||September 12, 2012|
|Episode 2||September 26, 2012|
|Episode 3||October 17, 2012|
|Episode 4 — Halloween show||October 31, 2012|
|Episode 5||November 14, 2012|
|Episode 6||November 28, 2012|
|Episode 7 — Christmas show*||December 19, 2012|
|Episode 8||January 9, 2013|
|Episode 9||January 23, 2013|
|Episode 10 — Valentine’s Day show||February 6, 2013|
|Episode 11||February 27, 2013|
|Episode 12||March 13, 2013|
|Episode 13||March 27, 2013|
|Episode 14||April 10, 2013|
|Episode 15||April 24, 2013|
|Episode 16||May 8, 2013|
|Episode 17||May 29, 2013|
|Episode 18||June 12, 2013|
|Episode 19 — Season Finale*||June 26, 2013|
*These episodes may be recorded in front of a live audience.
Sponsoring the Unknown Studio
Sponsorship packages can be purchased on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis. All sponsorship packages include:
- One 30-second ad on the Unknown Studio podcast (including production time)
- One in-show shout-out per episode, in which the hosts will thank your organization for their support.
- One banner ad on the Unknown Studio website for the duration of the sponsorship opportunity (either the top-of-page 468×60 ad space, the bottom-of-page 728×90 ad space, or the sidebar 300×250 ad space). If there is more than one sponsor in that space, your ad will rotate at random for each website visitor. Note that all artwork should be supplied by your organization).
- Weekly mention in a “Sponsor Saturday” post on the website.
- Live-show shout-outs any time an episode is recorded in front of a live audience.
|Sponsorship packages||Monthly cost||Total package cost|
Your organization can also sponsor one of our weekly posts, excluding new episode posts. For example, if your organization was interested in sponsoring the weekly “Edmonton Blog Watch”, which would include a prominent mention of your organization, the additional cost would be $150 per month.
Note: At the time of package booking, you can decide whether to pay the total package cost up front, or be invoiced on a monthly basis.
Booking your sponsorship package
If you’re interested in sponsoring the Unknown Studio, please email us. Note that we sell a limited number of sponsorship packages on a first-come, first-served basis.