The Unknown Studio began as a hyperlocal podcast focused on individuals and events in Edmonton. Launched on June 23, 2009, the show featured an hour-long interview with an Edmontonian deemed interesting by the show’s two hosts, Scott C. Bourgeois and Adam Rozenhart.
Since that first year, the show has evolved. It still includes an hour-long interview as its featured content, but now it’s supplemented by two (and sometimes three) show segments to break things up. These segments add colour and depth to the show’s coverage of the city.
About the hosts
Scott C Bourgeois is the show’s declared straight man, providing critical commentary and conversation with guests. With a background in performance, theatre and radio journalism, Scott engages with guests and keeps the conversation flowing. He also provides an editor’s touch to each show, taking on the roll of post-production editor. Read more.
Adam Rozenhart is the show’s loud mouth. Never afraid to utter a cuss word, or say something controversial, he tries to elicit laughs and reactions from guests and listeners. Adam’s background in journalism, marketing and advertising have all helped to dirty his mind and sharpen his wits. Adam does most of the pre-production work and also maintains the Unknown Studio’s website. Read more.
Website and podcast audiences
- The Unknown Studio podcast sees an average of about 3,000 downloads of the show each month.
- The typical Unknown Studio listener is between 18 and 45 years old
- The Unknown Studio website sees about 3,500 visits per month for a total of about 5,000 pageviews per month.
- The Unknown Studio Facebook Timeline Page is used to promote blog posts and new podcast episodes. The page includes an active community of about 325 fans.
- The Unknown Studio Twitter account is similarly used to promote blog posts and new podcast episodes. It boasts over 1,400 followers.
Sponsoring the Unknown Studio
- One 30-second ad on the Unknown Studio podcast (including production time)
- One in-show shout-out per episode, in which the hosts will thank your organization for their support.
- One banner ad on the Unknown Studio website for the duration of the sponsorship opportunity (either the top-of-page 468×60 ad space, or the sidebar 300×250 ad space). If there is more than one sponsor in that space, your ad will rotate at random for each website visitor. Note that all artwork should be supplied by your organization).
- Weekly mention in a “Sponsor Saturday” post on the website.
- Live-show shout-outs any time an episode is recorded in front of a live audience.
Booking your sponsorship package
If you’re interested in sponsoring the Unknown Studio, please email us. Note that we sell a limited number of sponsorship packages on a first-come, first-served basis.